Bookopolis, an online Community of Young Readers
Bookopolis is a fun, free tool that teachers can use to get students excited about reading by letting them connect with friends to share book reviews and discover new books. While our main goal with Bookopolis is to ignite a lifelong love of reading, the features and activities on our site are also nicely aligned to several CCSS Reading and Writing standards for students in Grades 2nd-7th.
By playing in Bookopolis 2nd-8th grade students can:
- Practice opinion or persuasive writing by posting book reviews. After being moderated, these reviews can be viewed by other Bookopolis students which often leads to higher quality written work when students know they are writing for an authentic audience of their peers.
- Practice reading comprehension and demonstrate ability to summarize and analyze a text by completing questions in our online book report
- Practice typing on a digital platform in response to comprehension questions
- Use a website to collaborate and share with classmates
- Discover informational, nonfiction, and fiction texts by grade levels with ratings and reviews by other students in our Find New Books section
See here for links to specific standards by grade:
Bookopolis Aligned CCSS by Grade Level
Note: Core Standards taken from
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mollybra/public_html/wp-content/themes/mb/single.php on line 51